Every good BBQ that is worth attending should have Banana Pudding. Here is a tried and true recipe simple and easy to make. Shoot, you can even make it and not attend a BBQ.
I didn’t have any whipped cream…. oh well… use what ya got!
I have had several people asked for my recipes. As I make them, I will post them. Yes, only the good ones will make it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of bourbon
- 2-3 ripe bananas, sliced
- Vanilla wafers
- Whipped cream for topping
- Mix sugar and eggs together.
- Add salt, cornstarch, and milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly from the minute you begin to heat the mixture. Cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat; mix in vanilla and bourbon (optional)
- In a 9-inch square casserole dish, layer the wafers, bananas, and the pudding. You can also layer the pudding in 6 individual sized glass jars or ice cream bowls.
- Top with whipped cream.